Friday, January 5, 2018

30 day challenge

 

 
For cub scouts we are doing a 30 day challenge...and yes it is kicking my butt!
 
But the good thing is, I am not the only one feeling the burn.  It is hilarious seeing these kids do
push-ups, sit-ups, crunches, jumping jacks, squats and best yet a wall sit.
 
We did look up the wall sit online before we did it, and holy cow - not only does it look hard, it is!
 
The first day Ender was all swagger about how easy everything was...that was until we got down in the plank position.
 
He wanted to know why this was even something to do, cause it was too easy.  But then the timer started...5 seconds was cake....10 started to burn...by 15 he was letting me know he felt it...and twenty he was glad it was over (not to much more than I was though!)
 
They are already looking forward to the rest day listed on the calendar...At least they can walk normal unlike me.  I have that shuffling gait that tells you a person is trying a new exercise routine...and you usually laugh inside..grateful that it isn't you...
 
Well I am not laughing inside..cause it is me!
 
But we are doing another challenge as well.
 
This year we are going to make it ALL the way through the Book of Mormon.  We always do pretty well tell summer hits, then you know how it goes. We always make Alma, but from there things happen.... But I told Nia it was her job (chore she calls them) to keep us on our A game and make sure we do it, so with her on board I think our chances have increased probably 50 %. 
 
 
 
 

0 comments: