Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Many Many Things

You think with me being a "housewife" these days I would find it easier to get on the computer.  But you think wrong.  If you want to try me, try doing anything on an electronic gizmo with Nia around.  She is the Queen of all things Electronic if you ask her.

But it is catch up time I guess...

We had quite a fun time on Sunday.  We finally received our package from the Branch President.  We were able to hold sacrament.  That was a neat and learning experience for all involved.  After primary was over, for the sharing time activity the kids built boats with our "help" to be kind of like Nephi getting instruction from the Lord on how to build a boat.  Nothing complicated, just origami boats, but the kids had a blast trying to float them and seeing whose last the longest....Raiden won that one.
What do you expect when you basically waterproof your boat by covering the page in wax crayon?

Monday was quite fun too.  We have had a lot of rain and that has brought out our Sea Otter (yet to be named) and Seal..  the kids (mostly at Judge's insistence) have named him Harbor.  He actually is getting closer and closer to the shore...but I have yet to get a great picture of him. 
In the middle of the ripples you should find him...

Tuesday was entertaining as well.  The school had a field trip to the landing dock.  Ms. Ross the other teacher has been out of town and so the whole school went to greet her.  The kids love every chance they get to go play on the dock.  Don't worry though...they all wear lifejackets...
Living as close as we do to the docks you can hear every single conversation that is going on when people are down there.  The kids are no exception.  They are loud enough you could be in the same room with them....but they do have a lot of fun...

On top of all this I have had the pleasure (nudge, nudge, wink, wink) of being the lunch lady again.  That is a challenge I don't think people get paid enough for...but the kids did eat good....soup and toast one day and spaghetti and corn the next....although I had some upset kiddies on Monday that I hadn't brought them one of my homemade treats as desert....I did take them chocolate pudding on Tuesday so I think all was forgiven.

So do you see why I don't always get on to catch you up on our busy lives???


1 comments:

Grandma Rindy said...

wait a minute, you were lunch boss for a couple of days when school started and now you are the
"boss" again...is this for a career or what.
The rest of your activities sound so fun. Good for you to hopefully have a fun time. I would dare say that maybe you have a better primary than some wards too...do no quote me on that though. But it sounds like hands on learning which the kids can really relate to..