Thursday, February 13, 2014

M is

M is Money, money, money(you have to sing it) money!

Now not for the reasons you think.  It is the amazing lack of what makes the world go round that makes it remarkable.  We still have to pay bills and buy groceries...but not needing it day in and day out...so relaxing.

And not having a store or anywhere to spend it locally is refreshing.  You don't have to have your hands on it for anything....it sits there in your wallet, day in and day out until something special comes along.  And I mean special....like the Bingo fundraiser for the school, or the pizza fundraiser for the school, or the Christmas Bazaar. 

But we don't need it to buy a pop at the gas station, or to fill up the car, or because one of the kids wants to buy something at school.  

Whew...refreshing.  I always did try to plan ahead what I needed to buy at the grocery store, but this has elevated it to the next level.

So if I am going to want a pop or a candy bar next week...I had better plan ahead...or just live through the cravings...after all that is what homemade cookies are for right?

1 comments:

Grandma Rindy said...

I think the store thing is amazing.
I think we all would spend less if we did it your way. We would learn to plan and prepare from scratch..and not be tempted by junk food in the isles we go down.
lucky you!!!!money saver!!!